•Obesity is a medical problem in which excess body weight has increased to that extent that it may have negative effects on our health. People are generally considered obes when their body mass index (BMI), ameasurement obtained by dividing a persons weight by the square of persons heightObesity is most commonly caused by a combination of excessive food intake, lack of physical activity, and genetic susceptibility.
•Tips to control obesity
•Steps you must take if you are overweight and control obesity:
A family is made up of individuals at different stages of life, of different ages but to promote health, what better way then re-organising your kitchen. Here are some points:
1. Whole grain and not processed cereals provide energy to sustain and grow and also source of all essential nutrients. Stock up on whole grain like bajra, maize and jowar, use them often. Try red and black and brown rice instead of white rice. Use this whole grains for breakfast porridges, they taste great.
2. Buy whole dals in addition to the staple washed dals. Fill up your shelves with Rajma, Chana, Soy, Bhatt dals. Add a protein in every major meal. Protein are essential for the body.
3. Ensure 3 servings of seasonal vegetables per head and 2 of whole fruits per day. They provide both soluble and insoluble fibre in addition of vitamins, minerals and antioxidant we need about 25-30gms of fibre per day one apple provide only 1 gram.
4. Boil bake, shallow fry and roast
• Top food for obesity diet:
Here are top foods someone should consume to overcome obesity:
• High fibre food – High fibre foods like vegetables, nuts, seeds and berries increases satiety without increasing calories.
• Clean lean protein – people eat at least 3-4 ounces of protein per meal tend to feel more satisfied and eat less overall.
• Wild – caught – fish – obesity may increases inflammation, so try to include omega-3 fats.
• Coconut – Coconut oil and coconut milk contain MCFAs that your body can easily burn as fats and are less likely to be stored as fat compared to other fats.
• Small meals – Avoid getting too hungry that can cause you to overeat later, eat about every 4 hours.